If you are looking for an aromatic bread recipe, then try this easy cheese and herb muffins. They are full of flavor and taste fantastic with many different meals, from beef to chicken and even on their own. This muffins are wonderfully moist and delicious.
The Parmesan-rosemary muffins are simple and quick to prepare. They are ready in 40 minutes and are a nice change from serving bread. They are great for breakfast and can also replace dinner rolls for dinner. Try this recipe and you will love them!
Yield: 12 muffins Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 200 g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350 °F). Grease a standard muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 3/4 cup Parmesan, garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool in pan on a rack 5 to 10 minutes.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use an ice-cream scoop if you have one to divide the batter among muffin cups. It ensures you get evenly-sized muffins
that bake at the same rate. Alternatively, use a large spoon and rub it
with a little cooking oil, which helps the batter slip off easily.