Chia seed pudding is a simple, easy and versatile way to enjoy chia seeds. It has a rich and creamy consistency due to the fact that, when mixed with liquid, chia seeds expand and develop a gel-like texture. In this recipe, chia seeds are soaked in milk and yogurt, which transforms them into a luxurious and smooth pudding. Top it with some fresh seasonal fruit, and you have yourself an incredibly nourishing breakfast!
Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high cholesterol. They are also an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer. Chia seeds can play an important role in regulating insulin levels. They can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood. Therefore, there are many reason to add this superfood to our diet.
This chia pudding is flavored with vanilla and the touch of maple syrup gives a slighty sweet taste, which makes it the perfect base for a variety of toppings. The pudding takes all of 5 minutes to prep, and then you just let the seeds soak overnight in refrigerator. Easy, simple, delicious and packed with nutrients!
Yield: 2-4 servings
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons raw chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- 1¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons good quality maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- desired toppings: fruits, nuts, lemon zest
- Place the chia seeds in a medium bowl.
- Add the yogurt, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Whisk to combine.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, stirring once to distribute the seeds if they have settled.
- Before serving, stir the pudding to make sure that there aren’t any clumps. Spoon pudding into bowls or glasses and garnish with toppings of your choice.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Enjoy the healthy and delightful chia seeds pudding!
Tips and Tricks:
- The pudding will keep for about 5 days in the refrigerator so you will have breakfast for a few days in a row.