Sweet and sticky chicken drumsticks are easy to prepare and even easier to devour. Delicious crispy skin, juicy meat coated in a wonderful sticky sauce is all this dish is about. These budget-friendly pieces are a great choice for week nights dinner. Serve them with cauliflower puree and a salad and you'll have a delightful quick dinner ready in no time.
Basically, in this recipe, the drumsticks are first marinated in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic which ensures a right balance of sweetness and saltiness. Then, they are baked in the oven until crispy and caramelized. The parsley and sesame seed sprinkled on top, add a vibrant flavor to the overall dish. The sweet and sticky chicken drumsticks is a flavorful recipe that tastes great hot or cold.
Yield: 6 drumsticks Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 6 chicken drumstick
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 50 g (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 30 ml (1/8 cup) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped parley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and the minced garlic cloves. Pour into a large resealable bag and add the chicken drumsticks. Seal and shake to coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 235 °C (450 °F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and arrange it onto the cooling rack. Transfer the marinade in a small saucepan and set aside.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil and then reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Cook, for about 15 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Remove chicken from the oven and brush generously with the thickened marinade and then return it to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley. Serve immediately with the desired sides.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can marinate the chicken overnight. The flavor will get even deeper.